Leadership is about inspiring others, but who is a leader? What makes a great leader? Is leadership only limited to politics, finance and business? This hands-on course will answer many similar questions and teach you about both academic and practical aspects of leadership, and help explore your own leadership potential and style in various scenarios.
Although this will be a largely practical course consisting of discussions, presentations and workshops, you will also get lectures on theoretical aspects of leadership; for example, you will learn about different theories and models of leadership, and look at examples of prominent leaders from different field, from politics to science. You will learn about various aspects of leadership, such as public speaking and presentation skills, body language, teamwork and decision making, while enhancing your own leadership skills.
How will this course be taught?
The course will be taught by one or more tutors and will consist of approximately 20 hours of teaching per week. This will include discussions, presentations and workshops, lectures, and one or more keynote plenaries to be given by Oxford academics. The students will also be encouraged to actively participate in class tutorial discussions. We are confident that such interactive learning will enhance the students’ language and communication skills, develop critical thinking and build confidence.
Are excursions and activities included?
Yes! Although the key focus of our programmes is academic development, it will not just be work and study! We want our students to take back many happy memories. All our students will enjoy visits to places in and outside Oxford, and join various social and extra-curricular activities alongside a diverse range of cultural experiences.
This course is suitable for anyone looking to:
- get general exposure to the subjects covered
- develop effective presentation and leadership skills
- enhance communication skills and deliver persuasive arguments
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS level 5-6 (modest-competent user) or above (IELTS test certificate/score is not required)
- We are happy to offer you access to our University Application Service at discounted rates if you book this course with us. Please inquire at the time of your enrolment.